We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Productive Alternatives Inc is a non-profit human services agency specializing in creating pathways to employment for adults with disabilities. We have been serving Central and West Central Minnesota since 1959. PAI is looking to hire an experienced Staff Accountant. The position is in our Fergus Falls office with opportunities for remote work in the future.
The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in accounting with 2 or more years of experience in the accounting field. The top priorities of the hiring team for the qualities in the ideal candidate match include:
- Experience in the Accounting field.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time pressure management skills
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities: The staff accountant should be a self-starting professional who is comfortable using analytics. The staff accountant must maintain accurate records and abide by laws and regulations. Ensuring the highest quality of service is provided to our staff, customers, consumers, and vendors is a priority for this position.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports.
- Assists with other administrative staff to ensure smooth processes and timeliness of needed reporting.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files as well as reconciling accounts.
- Provides accurate accounting of data.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Work Environment & Benefits: The staff accountant will be working in our Business Office in Fergus Falls. Salary is based on the experience and education. The benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, 401(K), PTO, disability insurance, and flexible scheduling.
Staff Accountant Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ownership and pride in work product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree in accounting, bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with general staff accounting
- Agency experience is a plus.